|1. Mode Selector - Selects CW, AM, FM, USB, or LSB.|
2. SWR CAL - Adjust the calabration of the SWR meter wile in the SWR CAL mode.
3. RIT Control - The Receiver Incremental Tuning control is used to fine tune the received signal.
4. RF Gain Control. - Varies the RF input to the receiver and helps eliminate strong, adjacent signals.
5. Mic Gain. - Selects a lower Mic gain level.
6. TX Switch - Locks the transmitter in the on position.
7. Meter Switch - Selects either RF/S, MOD, SWR CAL, or SWR.
8. PA Switch - Selects the PA Mode if an external PA speaker is connected.
9. NB Switch - Helps eliminate interference generated by vehicle ignition systems.
10. Dim Switch - Selects the level of the backlight of the display.
11. Scan Control - Used to scan up to 50 channels in each band segement.
12. Span Control - Select 10 KHz, 1 KHz, or 100 Hz steps for the VFO.
13. Channel ↑ ↓ - Step up or down to the next 10 KHz channel in the currently selected band segement.
14. Beep Selector - Press this switch to casue a short beep tone to be transmitted whenever you release the PTT switch. [also known as a "Roger Beep"]
15. Band Control - Selects one of four band segements.
16. F. Lock - Disables all frequency controls [except RIT] to prevent accidental changes of frequency.
17. VFO Control - Digital Variable Frequency Oscillator control used to select the desired frequency.
18. Squelch - Used to eliminate the "rushing" noise between transmissions.
19. Volume Control - Turns the unit on or off and adjusts the volume.
|SWR||% power loss||Comment|
|1.0:1||0%||This is impossible, but I've seen it come close|
|2.5:1||???||Terrible, but acceptable. Don't go higher than this.|
|3.0:1||25%||TOO HIGH, get it lower than this.|
|off meter||100%||something is really bad, look for bad coax or antenna.|
|HR 2510 bands|
|A||28.000.0 MHz||28.499.9 MHz|
|B||28.500.0 MHz||28.999.9 MHz|
|C||29.000.0 MHz||29.499.9 MHz|
|D||29.500.0 MHz||29.999.9 MHz||some radios|
|D||29.500.0 MHz||29.699.9 MHz|
|E||26.000.0 MHz||26.499.9 MHz|
|F||26.500.0 MHz||26.999.9 MHz|
|G||26.965.0 MHz||27.405.0 MHz||CB Band|
|H||27.000.0 MHz||27.499.9 MHz|
|I||27.500.0 MHz||27.999.9 MHz|
|green=10 meter amateur frequencies|
|orange=expanded range after modification|